splitter two way wedge and tray on both sides

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Save your money. From what I have read about the thing,both here and on other related sources, the splitter is cheaply built, severly underpowered, and not designed to suffer the abuses that a guy hands out while cranking out huge quantities of firewood.
If you aint going to crank out huge quantities, then why would you need a splitter that splits both directions.
I dont know about you, but my hands only work so fast anyway.By the time I heave the piece that split off the round to the pile and reposition the piece, my ram has already gone back far enough to travel forward again.
I think you would get far more production of a regular splitter with a 4 way head.I know I do.

:agree2:

I watched a demo in the parking lot for one of those. Cheaply made, underpowered, and should you happen to actually find some type of wood it will split, you need 2 guys to keep up w/ it. In the demo, they used 4x4 pine squares to split. I can split those w/ a hatchet. Throw a big chunk of oak up there and nothing happens except a stuck wedge.

Latest posts

Back