Sponsorship to aus for climber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, I am a 23 year old climber from uk, I have created an account on this forum to try and find work and a sponsorship in Australia. I currently work as a climber in England and am saving up to come over in feb 14, although I will go sooner if I need to. I have already had a working holiday visa when I was 19 , so this time I am looking for a permanent job allowing me to live and work in aus. I have been told there is a fair bit of work in aus and would be interested to hear from employers or climbers from aus to tell me more about my chances. I have 3 years exp, level 3 diploma in arb, and NPTC CS30,31,38 ,39 and chipper tickets. I have carried out all sorts of tree work (the usual) big take downs, clear felling, pruning, crown lifting, dead wooding, scrub clearance, pollarding, re-pollarding, crane jobs etc. I feel I am a good guy to have on board and am desperate to continue my career over in Australia. many thanks for reading, and all your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Joe
Hey Joe,
I am looking for a good climber not afraid of hard work. We live and work in a great coastal town on Mid North Coast of NSW. If your enthusiastic and professional I think that this position will really suit you.
Send me more details about yourself.
Regards Peter

Hey Joe,

Ive enjoyed reading over your story because its as if you have been telling my own! i have been through exactly the same process as you have described.
I am a 23 year old arborist from sussex with 3 years climbing exp, and i did a two year working holiday starting when i was 21.
I returned to the UK and really wanted to go back to Ausland, so i got myself on a 3 month tourist visa and began my hunt for sponsorship. Unfortunetly, i ran out of money after 2 months as i could not work on the tourist visa and was paying so much rent, so now i am back in the UK again!
Its very difficult to find sponsorship if you cannot work to prove you are worth sponsoring in the 1st place, for all they know, you could be a major fence destroyer!
I have friends that have been sponsored and it seems that there is a minority of employers that will take advantage of your situation ie. they have you by the short and curlys! so you could expect a low wage and a bill for the 457 application.

I am still looking to get back out there after the summer gets rained off here in the UK, but i need to find a company willing to sponsor me 1st!

I hope it all works out for you pal, good luck!

James

ps. If you know of any companys still looking for another climber, let me know :)

Latest posts

Back