Springfield Armory???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a fine piece of equipment and i don't think it is a wild thing. Comparing it to a M1A National Match isn't fair. This is a bullpup design and it has its function (maintaining barrel length while limiting weapon size and thereby permuting the rifle to be used in confined spaces). Comparing a target rifle to a sniper rifle would be reasonable but comparing either to a bullpup is like comparing a scalpel to a straight razor. I would not trust a surgeon with a straight razor and I would not trust my barber with a scalpel.

Your right that is nice piece of equipment, and maybe the wildthingy analogy was a little harsh, but I did'nt say that that was the best springfield evermade, (and it sure is not ) Your also right there not in the same league, and never will be. There not suppose to be.:cheers:

Last edited:
:agree2:

Springfield is 100% American.

:cheers:

The original Springfield Armory used to be. They developed the Garand and M14 and they were made here. The Springfield Armory name and blueprints were acquired by Robert Reese in 1974. Reese designed a semi automatic version of the M14 (M1A).
If you want an M1A with a forged receiver (like the old Springfield Armory M14) you need to look here:
http://www.lrbarms.com/m14receivers.html

The Cetme was never intended to hold MOA.

It WILL however hold Minuite of Human all day long after dumping 6 Mags in 5 Min. and wont wear ya out on a 20K hump.

Battle rifles are like fine Farm impliments and have thier place.

And no banacainin, it ain't a bullpup.
Delayed roller blowback Cetme/G3 design as done up by the greeks with Tele stock... H&K makes the same design, but the Spanish sold it to the Germans.
Run it over with a truck and it's still 3 MOA reliable. ;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

True on all counts especially about HK's being tough. However, other battle rifles can be refined to shoot well also, the HK being one of them. An HK PSG-1 will hold 1-MOA without much effort at all. A fair comparison, I know it is not. Although, either would be comparing a rack grade M1-A to a NM.

Last edited:
I think he's trying to say at 100yds it would take down any human standing.:cheers:

In other words anyone standing at 100yds would be dead meat!

Last edited:
The Cetme was never intended to hold MOA.

It WILL however hold Minuite of Human all day long after dumping 6 Mags in 5 Min. and wont wear ya out on a 20K hump.

Battle rifles are like fine Farm impliments and have thier place.

And no banacainin, it ain't a bullpup.
Delayed roller blowback Cetme/G3 design as done up by the greeks with Tele stock... H&K makes the same design, but the Spanish sold it to the Germans.
Run it over with a truck and it's still 3 MOA reliable. ;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Your right that is nice piece of equipment, and maybe the wildthingy analogy was a little harsh, but I did'nt say that that was the best springfield evermade, (and it sure is not ) Your also right there not in the same league, and never will be. There not suppose to be.:cheers:

:agree2:

what does "Minuite of Human" mean?

Serg

Mechanical accuracy with standard ammunition is thus that impacts would predictably be contained within the are of an average Human torso, at ranges from 0-800m.

IOW "Battlefield accurate" not Target sport accurate.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back