Springs a coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Spring is soon here got to get some pics this year.

Here's a hollow dead tree I did this past summer. It's about 110 ft and leaning towards primary lines over a road.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's whats left of a tree I had to climb this fall. It split open and the one half leaned toward the house. I also had a bee's nest in the trunk so I left it stand.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Big split NCTREE, you have that strapped together while you were up there? Were you roping those chunks down? Looks like you have a falsecrotch setup below the big union at the top there... Kudos man, thats a scary one for sure.

The piece that split away was hung up in the maple so I tied into the maple and chunked it down. The other half was kind of scarey, it leaned hard toward the house. I set a tag line in the top with a throw line and climbed up about fifteen ft. above the split, notched it and pulled into the back yard. It was too risky to climb to the top and rig it down. I had no other TIP for it so I had to yank it on down.

Latest posts

Back