Sprocket rim question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kseo7s

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I would like to replace the sprocket rim on my Husqvarna model 50. It is currently using a 3/8-7 Oregon powermate. The problem is that there are two part numbers for that pitch and tooth #. 18720 small spline and the 68210 standard spline. I do not know what it currently has, as Oregon has conveinently left the part # off of the part. I inquired to Oregon about getting a measurement of one or both and this is the response I got...

Hi Chris,

The difference is the 18720 is small spline and the 68210 is a standard spline rim. The Husqvarna 50 will run both types. If you don't know if you currently have a small or standard spline system I would take the rim (or entire saw) into the saw shop and have them check it.

This answer was not even close to helpful, as the information provided by the "Lead Tech" was in the original part description on their website. Now, most of the shops in my area are unreliable at best, and I do not trust them. Therefore, I will not buy parts from them if I can help it. Does anyone have a measurement for one or both of these parts or know which one I need. I am currently using a 20" FT-280-72 (107799) Husqvarna bar, .050, 3/8 pitch bar with D72 Oregon chains. Any help or measurements would be greatly appreciated as I would rather not order one or two of each.

I would like to replace the sprocket rim on my Husqvarna model 50. It is currently using a 3/8-7 Oregon powermate. The problem is that there are two part numbers for that pitch and tooth #. 18720 small spline and the 68210 standard spline. I do not know what it currently has, as Oregon has conveinently left the part # off of the part. I inquired to Oregon about getting a measurement of one or both and this is the response I got...

Hi Chris,

The difference is the 18720 is small spline and the 68210 is a standard spline rim. The Husqvarna 50 will run both types. If you don't know if you currently have a small or standard spline system I would take the rim (or entire saw) into the saw shop and have them check it.

This answer was not even close to helpful, as the information provided by the "Lead Tech" was in the original part description on their website. Now, most of the shops in my area are unreliable at best, and I do not trust them. Therefore, I will not buy parts from them if I can help it. Does anyone have a measurement for one or both of these parts or know which one I need. I am currently using a 20" FT-280-72 (107799) Husqvarna bar, .050, 3/8 pitch bar with D72 Oregon chains. Any help or measurements would be greatly appreciated as I would rather not order one or two of each.

I can't help but you will get better support if you post it in the chainsaw forum.

Harry K

Small spline has an inside sprocket bore of about 3/4", standard spline has an inside sprocket bore of about 7/8". Take a tape measure or set of calipers and measure the inside of your current rim.

Thanks

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum still new here. I do appreciate the help. I am going to go measure right after dinner. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back