Sprocket rims?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around here we`ve got Large which is actually Standard, Small like on the smaller Huskies and Jonsereds, and Mini for the small Stihls. Stihl always has to be unique so that they can even bang you on the rims.

Russ

Tony,
Steve here...
Shoot me a fax number or your address and I'll send out a copy of this page of sprockets. They are actual size on the page.
Steve

Which current saws are running the "standard" 6 spline? The chart you posted Steve is a handy reference for what Oregon offers but it does omit the Stihl minis which is too bad. I hate being held hostage by Stihl when I want sprockets for an 026 and have to pay between $5 and $6.50 each instead of the $3 I pay for Oregon or GB.

Russ

Russ,

You should be happy your dealer actually knows what a rim is. I needed a rim sprocket for an 066 this week. Thursday night I looked down at my watch and it was about 4:50. I knew the dealer would be closing in 10 minutes but I wanted to get the saw back together. I stopped in at about 4:55 and Tom was just getting ready to leave. I told him what I neede fully expecting him to grab it and be out of there in a minute or two. I about sh"t when he got out the parts book. He looked for several minutes and then wrote down the part number for a spur. I did not know the 066 ever had a spur sprocket but I was interested in what he would come back with. After looking for a minute or two he came back and said he did not have it. I mentioned that I thought he was looking on the wrong page and he got a little mad then looked up the proper number. He still did not have it. By this time a was a little irritated and said rather forcefully "you mean to tell me you do not have a simple rim". The owner came out and brought out his selection of rims (about 12 total) and of course there was not one for the 66 in it. I notice Tom leave in a huff and drive away. I left a few minutes later and without a rim. guesss that is the service I get when I come in at 4:55. I guess I need to email Jeff and get a bunch from him.

Hi Bill G, I thought I was the only one having weird problems like that. I`ve had the same experience at two Stihl dealers and a Jonsered dealer. At least the Jonny dealer was willing to let me take what I wanted off a new saw, LOL.

Russ

rims

Hey Jokers...
Tried to email you and it was bounced back undeliverable-
Whats up with you buying rims somewhere else anyway...
LOL

Latest posts

Back