Squirrels eating up a hackberry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A baited rat trap in a box with a hole just large enough for a bark eater will solve that problem or you could Hava A Heart it and relocate it.

Get a cat and tie it to the tree.:D

Last edited:
Dan, it could be just one that has the anxiety problem.
My experience with squirrels is when you make an example of one or two the rest will soon depart.
If it was a wide spread problem you would probably had many other complaints.
My guess is that it`s one squirrel sometimes where there`s a dog tied up aggravating it.
Grey squirrels love to chew just about anything.

JP, don`t you have any moose in WI?
A guy from WI stopped along the side of the road to ask me where he and his family could see a moose.
I said I had one in my freezer and he was welcome to come over and see it.
Then he just drove away.

Salsa, si

Tabasco works great - so does powdered red pepper sprinkled on the bark but it has to be applied every day or two until the squirrel decides enough is enough.

A rodent biologist friend of mine mentioned that certain traits and habits that are "off normal", like chewing thru home siding, etc. are genetic - meaning the squirrel's offspring will assume the same nastiness.

Pepper that little sucker.

Tell the customer to buy themselves a pellet gun. Or better yet charge them by the hr to sit on the porch and shoot squirrels. :D

You reminded me of an employee of ours/coworker of mine.

For background, we work for a customer who treats us as if we were her own personal caretaker. In other words, we do absolutely everything for this customer on her property - nothing is out of bounds, practically, for this large and detailed property. Anyways, she has a large man-made pond in her backyard that she stocks with fish, notably bluegills.

Can you imagine going for a swim and getting bitten up - under water? The fish have gotten aggressive to the point of biting her and her family and friends! So, the Mrs. asked Ken to fish, by the hour, for these aggressive bluegills. He called it the best day of his life. I would be hard-pressed to disagree.

Nickrosis

did he keep throwing some fish back to tack on some hours.
we enjoy when in a removal a nieghbor asks if we could clear their house. yea sure we say and give them a price. either way the tree is coming down. we've never had the heart to take the money. but it would be a good story.

Latest posts

Back