Squish?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What dimension on the squish do you look for on a husky 350? No base gasket.

Thanks,
I’m putting my second 350 saw together I want to do the squish on this one. My first one is bone stock. The third one the PO did the squish but it needs a piston. That clip clamp is a pia on the intake boot assembly. I did notice once the tab is locked inplace we need to bend the opening square down a little so it’s secured.

Thanks,
... That clip clamp is a pia on the intake boot assembly. I did notice once the tab is locked inplace we need to bend the opening square down a little so it’s secured.
Agreed it's a PITA. On one of my 350's I snapped the clip clamp but was able to repair it with a #6 screw and nut. Not easy, and I don't necessarily recommend it, but it worked.

I have some clamps with screws that huztl sent me that are too small. Even there aircraft stainless clamps are too small. I was thinking about grinding a pliers in the center to have clearance to assemble the clip type faster.

I usually use 372, 036, or 385/390xp clamps on those.

If you delete the base gasket on a 350 and take .010 off of the bearing cup you will be right in the neighborhood of .020. Within the margin of error from the method of crushing solder and measuring.

I have some clamps with screws that huztl sent me that are too small. Even there aircraft stainless clamps are too small. I was thinking about grinding a pliers in the center to have clearance to assemble the clip type faster.
If the clamp is close to being the right size you can slip it under the plastic outer part and clamp the actual rubber boot.

OK, by popular demand, here is my repair to that clamp that I broke:
Husqvarna 350 Clamp.JPG
It works and has never come loose. I think that's a lock washer under the screw head.

I got lucky with this saw #2 it needed a piston. There wasn’t a mark in the bore. I’m replacing the manifold and clamp along with both hoses

Back