Srarted work on my winch today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Log skidder

All I have left is the mount the master cylinder and build the box to hold my saws, chains, etc.

the old calf pen is kinda like a little headache rack used to hang chains on.

View attachment 64410

View attachment 64411

View attachment 64412

Thats going to be a pretty cool log skidder, How big of tractor are you going to use, model, I once thought of using a truck rear end to make a high speed tractor, when I made the regular run from farm to farm, about 7 miles apart, ( 2 much time to think) I thought Id weld a tounge to the front of the axle modify the drive shaft to hook to the pto, And once I got toped out at about 17 mph Id kick er out of gear, engage pto and hold on, Well It never got past the thought process, I woodnt push it past the 30 mph, especially If its a narrow front,. Keep us posted on your winch, T,C, E,J,

How big of tractor are you going to use, model, I once thought of using a truck rear end to make a high speed tractor, when I made the regular run from farm to farm, about 7 miles apart, ( 2 much time to think) I thought Id weld a tounge to the front of the axle modify the drive shaft to hook to the pto, And once I got toped out at about 17 mph Id kick er out of gear, engage pto and hold on, Well It never got past the thought process, I woodnt push it past the 30 mph, especially If its a narrow front,. Keep us posted on your winch, T,C, E,J,[/QUOTE]

IH 1066, IH 1026, IH 856 one of them.

One question have you been reading farm show Magazine?

If not put it on your Christmas list a guy like you should have it. I have the encyclopedia and it's GREAT!!!

Farm show

How big of tractor are you going to use, model, I once thought of using a truck rear end to make a high speed tractor, when I made the regular run from farm to farm, about 7 miles apart, ( 2 much time to think) I thought Id weld a tounge to the front of the axle modify the drive shaft to hook to the pto, And once I got toped out at about 17 mph Id kick er out of gear, engage pto and hold on, Well It never got past the thought process, I woodnt push it past the 30 mph, especially If its a narrow front,. Keep us posted on your winch, T,C, E,J,

IH 1066, IH 1026, IH 856 one of them.

One question have you been reading farm show Magazine?

If not put it on your Christmas list a guy like you should have it. I have the encyclopedia and it's GREAT!!![/QUOTE]

I really cant belive I dont get it any more, Probably because the net has kept my Idle time down to nothing, just like this site,..Its addictive, I actually was going threw withdrawls last night cuz a couple of threads went dead, and I started gettin the shakes, LOLOLOL But seriousley, Iam a cheap bastard, .. unless were talkin about good Beer, and the several times Ive brought them up(on the web) for old times sake, they want me to buy a prescription, cant even look at the stuff they tease you with,. Dont get me wrong,.. They probably have more intresting stuff than any web site has that features Farm or home built stuff, thanks for,bringing it up, I think Iam going to get the prescription again, Damn good reading, Pics and everybody,..I really was chompin at the bit last night, I need sompthing to do after workin in the shop all day,..I waz even whinning to DOM, that I was bored,..I had a couple of featured articles in there back in 1982, and 1990, They were commercial adds of equipment I waz building, It paid for a bunch of equipment in my shop, thanks for posting, T,C, E,J,

as one said--you need FAR more bracing from the "winch" drum--to where the three point attaches--that deck aint meant for any pull strength--esp after its been in use--and got rust termites under the deck--far less strength---the "winch" will try to go backwards--while the other side will try to go forwards----

Back