Started my first fire on Sunday.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunbagone

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just installed a Daka furnace in my garage and ducted to my house. Its a brand new house and I didnt have anywhere to put in the basement. Decided to put it in the attached garage. I will get good heat of the unit itself for my garage and should work great at keeping my house warm too. I have never used wood for heat before so this is all a new experience for me. But I seem to keep getting the itch to go out and cut. Have a Husky 357xp and a Poulan Pro 330. Both great saws. Very excited to heat my home and get outside. I lit a fire in the furnace just to burn off the paint and such, while I could still have the doors open for fumes.

Welcome to AS.

The Daka is a fine unit for the money, have been using one myself for about four winters including this one.

Does your insurance company know?
Do you keep flammable fluids in your garage?
Hope this works out well for you, burn safely.

:greenchainsaw:

Well, go scratch that itch. Fire up your Husky and get some free heat. My Dad just paid $2.77 for heating oil. That wood will be like money in the bank. More wood= more money:) .

Congrats on the new stove! I have that itch already to cut wood, I have about 3 cords of locust and mulberry laying in the timber ready to split and bring home already this fall. Kind of amazing what buying a new saw does for getting firewood cut!

I :heart: my 441, too!

Well, go scratch that itch. Fire up your Husky and get some free heat. My Dad just paid $2.77 for heating oil. That wood will be like money in the bank. More wood= more money:) .

Yup, wood + work = $$ in my pocket + free workouts + playing with power saws:clap: :clap: :clap:

Heating oil is $0.80/litre (just over $3/USG) here. We put in a clean burn stove three years ago and it will be paid off this year (we both work so don't burn all day or it would have been paid off in a year and a half).

:cheers:

Just called local co-op (West Central Wisconsin) for prices on heating oil and propane. No 2 heating oil is at $3.00 / gal minimum 150 gal purchase and propane is at $1.93. Since a barrel of oil hit $89 today (10/18/07), fuel prices are only going to go higher.

I see lots of $'s everytime I look at the wood in my woodshed. Not to mention that wood does the body and mind good.

Keep cuttin

Gary

wdchuck, to answer your questions. My insurance company does know im installing it but they havent come out to look at it yet because im not completly done with the install. Im going to wait and see what they say about flammables in the garage. Its in the corner of the garage. I was carefull to follow all of the clearances for the stove and pipe. I think they may want me to build a small half wall to kind of seperate it from the rest of the garage but I will wait and see. Ill let ya know what they say.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back