• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Sthil 042 AV anything

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the part number for the coil, I bought a new old stock coil off eBay turned out not working still no spark, want to try finding another coil ignition, or maby a SEM flywheel to try I’m having a real hard time getting this saw to spark. Trying to get a line on what’s out there for how much how far away anything Sthil 042 AV

Some pics, somthing I’m doing wrong. Grey wire to kill switch. Ground wire from coil bolt goes to the kill switch contact.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
The connections are correct. All that tape on the grounding wire is suspect. I don’t know if your saw has points or not. It’s certainly old enough to be running on them. You should investigate that possibility for sure, and if it does you’re going to have to remove the flywheel and have a look. Points are simple , usually requiring cleaning(maybe some filing) and setting the gap. Look into the points possibility.

Latest posts

Back