Sthil 075av truoble.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Wagstaff

Waggie
Reaction score
Hi guys, been a while since I posted, I have been rebuilding my planking mill, this has 2 075av power heads fitted, the first was an easy rebuild just stripped cleaned and fitted new rings, crank seals and carb diaphragms, the 2nd more troublesome as a small m5 nut from the air intake assembly fold its way into the piston and bore, this totally wrecked the piston, rings and bore, so had to total strip her down to get all the metal bits out of the crankcase, having reassembled this baby I now have a problem when I pull the starter it snatchers back quite violently. I'm a little unsure if the timing has moved or if I should retro fit a decompression valve, (these were never fitted with a decompression valve) any ideas please.:chainsaw:

Also I'm looking for a workshop manual and IPL for this saw preferable in PDF form.

John there is a thread in the chain saw stickies that only discusses the 051-076 saws the guys over there rebuild and restore them all the time. Repost on that thread.
Regards DaveL.

John , check your flywheel and key and also make sure a random stray screw didn't stick to the back of the flywheel to get hung up on stuff (it happens).
With a bunch of new parts it may have higher compression and need a valve.
In the 051/075 thread there are a group of 1111 series junkies who can steer you towards a solution and get you the files you are requesting.
Dave

One of my 076 mill saw was w/o decomp behaves that way...
My starting procedure when cold is:
- Choke ON
- Start/Stop OFF
- Pull until the saw "feels" a bit lighter to pull and will start to "blubber" (do several revs on each pull). This will take a few pulls.
- Start/Stop ON
- Try to start. If the saw does not fire after a couple of pulls, set choke to OFF.
- In case the saw kicks back, repeat from beginning.

My 076 will start easliy on the first pull when warm.

Back