sthil 310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschoff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone have 310 sthil and hows does it do on bigger logs. I have a chance to buy one for 275.00. thank you

Hi all, does anyone have 310 sthil and hows does it do on bigger logs. I have a chance to buy one for 275.00. thank you

It does fine. In hardwood, a 20-inch bar is as big as you'll want to go. What do you mean by "bigger?" What diameter and what species of logs? :)

Bigger I mean up to 26 in dia oak logs. I have a ms 270 and it does alright but it wants to bog down alot.

Bigger I mean up to 26 in dia oak logs. I have a ms 270 and it does alright but it wants to bog down alot.

Should be fine with a 20-inch bar on the 310. You might have to baby it a little bit with the bar buried in that oak to keep it from bogging, but probably not if it's a strong running saw.

Is it new? Used? What shape is it in?

Its used and he just put new oregon chain and bar and sporket on it. he said it run strong.

Its used and he just put new oregon chain and bar and sporket on it. he said it run strong.

Pretty good price, then. If it all looks good when you see the saw, sounds like you got a winner there for your needs. Of course, I'd offer him $250 and see if he takes it, but that's just me. The more money I save on buying a saw, the better quality beer I can buy. :D :D

We had one give to us by a wood customer that had a busted oil tank from abuse, saw was like new and we replaced the case. It's a good firewood saw.
We used it on oak and hickory with a 18" bar and had no issues with it buried in seasoned oak. The saw looked like new with little use, we got 346xpne fever and traded it in on one, we surprisingly got 285.00 trade on the saw, which we thought was good on trade. I think the price your being ask is within reason. Like others I'd try to get them down to 250.00.

I bought a ms390 a couple of months ago for a little over $300 . I muffler modded it and it runs like a dream. I say offer $240 and take it no matter if he budges or not! sounds like a good price on a good saw for you!

i have a 310 and i just cut up a 38" ash and almost a 40" oak (as big as i could go) and it cuts well....just keep the chain sharp and it does a good job with big wood. It wont cut it as fast as a bigger saw would but it dose a good job. My buddy has a 290 and my 310 was cutting much faster than his on the big oak

good luck

Sounds like you just got a very good deal - if you got a good running 361 for $300. Good luck with the saw!

I got a 361 sthil for 300.00 runs great. thanks for all advice

Man, I'd stand in line for a $300. deal on a MS361. Slap on a nice Stihl ES bar and a full chisel chain and you will be a happy man when you go to the woods if that saw is tuned right. Congrats!:clap:

wow, 300.00 for a 361...

that is a good deal. Congrats on the saw buddy! Wish i could find one local for that price!

Back