Sthil or steal on a Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyb13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I stopped a yard sale Sat. the guy had a 021 with no pull cord in it. He said it came out when he was trying to start it. He said it was a saw his uncle gave him cause it wouldn't run. I gave him his 5 bucks. I poured the old gas out put a cord in it, new plug, sprayed the cylinder with wd 40. It fired the fourth pull. I used it for two tanks of gas without any problem. Adjusted the carb (thanks for all of your advice on that). New air filter, and I'm sure this is my deal of the year. Can I put a 16 or 18 inch bar on this model?

18 inch is too much for an 021. It might be able to handle a 16 inch, but mine bogged down with a 14 inch. Other than that, they are a good little saw for limbing.

Sounds like a great deal to me. I had a 16 inch bar on mine. I changed it to a 14 inch bar and it cuts better. Good luck!

Sounds like a Stihl steal to me. No more than 16"er but I'd put a 14" on that saw. Fine little limbing and round wood cutting saw.

Back