• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 009

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t need it but want it if it don’t sell reach out to me. I have a thing for the 009l as that’s what I started with! Thanks Joe

I can't imagine porting a 009 makes much difference, what's your experience?
What ever Scott done to it made an absolute difference. They’re not rpm saws but they’re like a bulldozer. Massive difference between a stock one and the ported one. Personal side by side comparison. I’d say a solid 20% probably closer to 30%. I was very impressed

What ever Scott done to it made an absolute difference. They’re not rpm saws but they’re like a bulldozer. Massive difference between a stock one and the ported one. Personal side by side comparison. I’d say a solid 20% probably closer to 30%. I was very impressed
What did Scott port it for? More toward racing and power in the upper RPM range or more for sawing/longevity and more power in the mid-RPM range?

What did Scott port it for? More toward racing and power in the upper RPM range or more for sawing/longevity and more power in the mid-RPM range?
I’m not sure he swore he would NEVER do another one. The bearings are a real pain in the ass they’re all individual. Didn’t gain any rpm really but the little saw just pulls and pulls and pulls. The torque is really impressive.

Latest posts

Back