Stihl 011 AVI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryflick

Reaction score
I recieved a Stihl 011 AVI. Im not sur of the age. The fuel line is broken. I ordered the parts but I don't know how to seal the line between th efuel tank and carbureter area , There is a small metal piece that connects the two and a small hole that this piece goes in. Is there supposed to be sealing rings aroud these or ?????. Also, I am not sure which way this metal nipple goes. Thanks fot your help.

Jerry, there is another recent 011 thread here, & it includes a parts list in PDF format. If that doesn't answer your question, I can check my 011 over the weekend.

Thanks. The nipple that I was talking about is an elbow connector that the vent connects to in the fuel tank. I am now wondering if the fuel line is sealed where it enters the tank or if it is just routed through the hole.

The fuel line is just routed though the hole. Use Stihl fuel line and it will fit and seal fine.

I wasn't aware the nipple for the vent was field replacable... It's a press fit and part of the crank casing. If you replace it and it's loose you'll need some epoxy. The nipple would point to the carb box side. Make sure you replace the vent screws inside the vent line or gas will leak out.

Latest posts

Back