stihl 011 avt problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolmarphil

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi, i have a stihl 011avt in repair and i dont find the troubl.to keep the saw running,i have the L screw open about 2 1/2 turns out.i replace the fuel filter,fuel line,vent hose,spark plug and the carburetor gasket.I do a pressure test and it there is no leak anywhere.

But i take the compression on the saw and cold it give about 130 Psi and when warm it drop to 90 Psi.The piston look good with no scratches.Could it be the piston rings that give me this trouble?

Wow. I'm not sure what to tell you. If you're that far out on L, you're getting excess air from some where. I'm surprised the saw even runs if compression is that low. Is there a Schrader valve in the tip of your gauge?

yes there is a scraeder valve on my compression tester,but i think is on the way out because i opened the saw and chck the ring ,piston and cylinder and all was fine.

now i suspect a leak but where?i pressure test the saw and everything was ok.the only thing that i can see is that the carburetor gasket as a small leak

ok,check the vacuum,let the saw sit with the vacuum for10 minutes,no leaks at all.

I'm gonna check the carb gasket,think this is the only thing left that can be faulty.

Back