Stihl 012 AV - would like to keep it going

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balhincher

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an old 012 AV with 16" bar and would like to keep it working. it runs great and has a new bar and cuts great. Unfortunately the mounting bushings and parts for the loop handle are shot and need to,be replaced. Local Stihl dealer says the parts are unavailable. Considering looking for parts saws to buy that use same parts that I could scavenge. Is this a rational strategy? I'm not a Stihl collector or hobbyist but just hate to give up on this saw when it runs so well. Does anyone have a suggestion where I would look to find old 012 saws to buy. Would consider working saws of that or similar models that have common parts. I could combine parts to keep at least one saw going. I also would welcome info about parts dealers who might have parts for old saws like the 012av. Thanks for any help provided

Bottom front AV mount is the same as used in the MS200t.

New oiler parts for them are NLA at the dealer but can be had off evilbay.

The 012 is the only one of that series I feel is worth tinkering. [emoji106]

Try to find a complete working 011. A short period of time and one can swap the larger jug & slug over. [emoji108]

Try to find a complete working 011. A short period of time and one can swap the larger jug & slug over. [emoji108]
Here are some photos of the saw handle mounts

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 11

67L36 Driver,
Thank you for your suggestions. Help much appreciated looking for a 011 now as you suggest

Latest posts

Back