Stihl 015 Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the reast is quite easy. Just button up the clutch side by re-installing everything. The wire wheel makes the muffler look new and shiny.

View attachment 257725View attachment 257726View attachment 257727
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I can do another build thread like this for others saws. Any requests?
I've got an 036 (non Pro) on the bench right now waiting for parts to come in.
I've also got some 029/290's waiting.
(We can always sell 029's/290's any day. They bring top dollar around these parts. Plus they're pretty easy to fix.)

Well done. Thanks.

These smaller Stihls always seem to present interesting challenges (like hidden screws deep down in there:msp_biggrin:) to those of us who have never worked on them before.

Maybe do a continuing series on the other ones like the 09~011 and the 020 variants?

Again, nice job.

Well done. Thanks.

These smaller Stihls always seem to present interesting challenges (like hidden screws deep down in there:msp_biggrin:) to those of us who have never worked on them before.

Maybe do a continuing series on the other ones like the 09~011 and the 020 variants?

Again, nice job.

I've got some 009's and 011's that I could see about. Good idea. Thanks.

Excellent post!!!! Very clear and concise. I've got one on the bench right now that I've put a starter rope/ handle on and I'm waiting for a carb kit. I Thought I had read that the 015L model was electronic ignition ( 015 being points type) but after reading your post I might be wrong. I may need to pull the flywheel... Mine seems complete except for the cool stihl emblem, with the saw teeth, is missing and the choke lever is cracked where it fits onto the carb. Thanks again.

Excellent Thread. I've got three 015av's and really like them for small jobs and limbing. Do you have any idea what aftermarket points will fit as the oem ones are Nla.
Bob

I shall investigate.

je

Excellent Thread. I've got three 015av's and really like them for small jobs and limbing. Do you have any idea what aftermarket points will fit as the oem ones are Nla.
Bob

you can if you want elimante the points and go with a Nova module. I have one installed on one and it runs good. I'll take it apart and get some pictures for you if your interested.

you can if you want elimante the points and go with a Nova module. I have one installed on one and it runs good. I'll take it apart and get some pictures for you if your interested.
That woud be appreciated but I don't want you to go thru much trouble. I was simply curious about the points. One of my 015AV's has a chainbrake. Haven't seen many of those.
Bob

Back