stihl 015 oil pump spur gear needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aglicknmex

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My very nice 015 needs: a 3/8 pitch oil pump spur gear that is driven from the spur sprocket. It has 6 points (the older 1/4 pitch had 8) Ive been prowling all the sources with no luck.. Wondering if anyone has the plastic gear? My thanks to all
PS I have a good 1/4 gear I would trade or give to someone that needs it.. tnx Al from boonies of NM

I know, it's disgusting. If anybody can do better please jump in. It won't hurt my feelings. I would have to think a local Stihl dealer could do better.

Last edited:
$18 isn't that excessive to get an older loved saw working IMO.

I checked that part number with the local dealer here $17.99 is what he quoted me.

new life on the 015

I hadnt checked with a dealer --closest one is 65 miles. Yeah its high for a little piece of plastic, but the saw is ????? old. Do you think its an item that can be ordered from STIHL if locals dont have anything in stock?? I didnt expect any dealer help on the 015.
I bought six basket cases from the closest dealer about a month ago....They were all terminal. As of today 5 out of six running good with biggest expense, one piston/ring. Broken wires, excessive carbon,oiling problems- course I have to buy bars sprockets, etc to get them all in shape to sell. It keeps me busy during the hot part of the day.
check out http://glenwoodweathernow.com/ for the temp at my shop!!
PS GRANDE--I buy a lot of stuff from you guys- 3 times last mo.
Thanks for all the help-- Im going to KEEP the 015 its almost perfect!!
BIG AL

Good News

Got a reply form a seller who had the 3/8 sprocket for sale-- He has the gear also. shipped together and no 65 mile trip to town..... I will not forget to check with dealers in the future... thanks to all. AL

Back