Old Stihl 024 with two piece ignition and always-on oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2StrokeFondler

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, a guy asked me to have a look at his old 024.
It has a weird coil/trigger setup, Stihl parts number: 1 217 280 113:
1670502219541.png
1670502196279.png

It has a non-adjustable always-on oil pump, which doesn't use the typical gear driven by the clutch drum:
1670502258329.png
It has a single 1,5mm piston ring.
I cannot find a IPL or workshop manual for a Stihl 024 with single piston ring, always-on oiler and the weird ignition. I suspect it's a pre 96 saw? Does anybody have an IPL or workshop manual for me, please?
The owner told me, the saw wasn't oiling. The gear on the shaft came off very easy, so I suspect the gear turns free on the shaft. It's just a press fit, no key. I'm thinking about reinstalling it with a bit of Locktite. Any other ideas?

Best to ask for the early 024 IPL & manual in the “Beg for Manuals” sticky thread. You’re not clear on whether you have spark or not, & are just working on the oiler issue…

That coil trigger module is not weird, just a common Stihl pn 1118 400 1004, hard to find new. The Bosch pn is what’s molded into the casing.

Best to ask for the early 024 IPL & manual in the “Beg for Manuals” sticky thread.
Thanks, will do.
You’re not clear on whether you have spark or no & are just working on the oiler issue…
I have spark, I was just confused by the coil setup. I think the saw is fine, except all rubber parts disintegrating, and maybe the heated handle not working.
That coil trigger module is not weird, just a common Stihl pn 1118 400 1004
Thanks again for that clarification.

Latest posts

Back