Stihl 015L question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creaid

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
25 year old saw

Hey Guys,
I got a 015L saw today from my grandpa. He got this saw 20 to 30 years ago and used it to cut firewood. It quite on him about 5 years ago and has been sitting in his basement ever since. He told me I could have it (he doesn't burn much anymore he's 84 years young), I took it home cleaned it up good and put in a new plug, She fired right up!

Does anyone know the specs on this saw? I don't do any climbing and don't really like the top handle but it should be ok for limbing?? I really wanted it just because it was my grandpa's.

After I got it running I went and spent $50.00 on a new bar and chain as what was on it was shot. What do you guys Think, is $50.00 to much to have in this saw? Are they good saws? Thanks!

Last edited:
I liked the 015 I had. The all metal body has an old time feel like no other. Problem was that I needed a light climbing saw and having a chainbrake was fairly important to me in the tree. I'd say that for limbing you might like it even with the top handle but most likely you will just appreciate just what a cool old lookin saw it is and think of your gramp.
As far as the money, I sold mine for $100 but besides, what's $50 anyway to have your family saw running well.

:givebeer:

anyone know the specs on this saw or where I could get them? Also, wil 50:1 mix be ok? Thanks

Last edited:
Back