Stihl 015L

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backhoeken

Reaction score
I just got a Stihl 015L that runs like a top but no instructions manual. What is the correct mixture to use.

Thanks
Ken

That 015 came out using a 40:1 mix. I worked on one of those one time and had to make a phone call to find out just what your asking. They told me to use the standard 50:1 mix but to make sure the carb settings are correct. According to what I was told todays oil's are much better than they were back then and a 50:1 mix today is just as good , if not better, than a 40:1 mix of years past. Thats a neat little saw aint it...............

Can't say I know the differance, only fooled with one. AV usually means with Stihl anit-vibration but as for the L version I don'ty know. Someone will holler here in a second and explain the differance.

Thank you.. I have been using chain saws for 30 years. Your right this is a nice light weight buck up saw.

In Stihl language AV always means anti vibration and T means top handle. The 015 is a top handle chain saw meaning the handle sits right over top of the engine. I callem one handers, Stihl calls them top handles.

AVT was Anti VIbe Top(handle) The 009 was basically a top handle saw The 011 was a rear handle (most of them) ant then there was an 011AVT which was like an antivibe 009.

sedanman said:
AVT was Anti VIbe Top(handle) The 009 was basically a top handle saw The 011 was a rear handle (most of them) ant then there was an 011AVT which was like an antivibe 009.

I have an 015av that I am working on right now, and my boss has an old 011 avt that needs some work. Just wondered what the number meant. Thanks. The stihl dealer didn't know a whole lot about it, so it made me think it was older than I first though. Sorry about the thread hijack.... :laugh:

Steve

Back