stihl 020 av brake assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oaky

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello

currently i have a Stihl 020 AV without a chain brake, which is the normal factory design.

seen a few pictures of the 020 AV Super and some have a nice chain brake assembly which looks like it may be compatible with a regular 020. if not stop me here.

but if so.. looks like I'd only need that clutch cover with the connecting lever, and a hand guard which connects to the top handle with a screw possibly. i have found part numbers for the clutch cover with lever, but nothing about this top handle that connects to the hand guard/ lever. anyone know these part numbers on these, cant find any info internet-wise.

be great to have this assembly, and any info can help. if you got one id buy it.

Or else do a lot of online looking, get sketchy info, order a bunch of parts, and blame the seller of the parts when it doesn't work....
But well.........

Those old models had many variations, and most of them didn't make it to the current parts lists.
and most folks that venture where you are going blame everyone stupid enough to try and help......
But, hey, that is just reality....

many of the 020's model parts are interchangeable, I rebuilt two different models, what makes the super so special.
the supers are identical, tops are identical, even clutch cover tabs line up..
the only thing is if clutch can slip into the chain brake i guess

Back