Stihl 020av insulator plate?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwm3786

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all, new here. I’m working to refurb my dad’s 020av. Reading it apart and I came across a gasket like material near the tank where I believe the throttle adjustment screw (?) goes? Anyway, it’s part number 30 on the attached diagram. I can’t find it anywhere, so I guess im asking, what’s it for? Do I need it? Thanks all!IMG_5579.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5579.jpeg
    IMG_5579.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 0
Stihl calls it an, insulator plate, pn.#1114 353 2200, Wonder does it mount inside the rear engine cover or outside and what is it insulating. I have had my 020 apart for carb rebuild and several others but can`t recall removing that part.

It’s riveted in with the rivet in the diagram. It was like a gasket material that was flaking off. After a search of the part number I can’t find anything. Not sure what it is insulating though…

Even worse, a part that is riveted in place, it almost makes me want to pull my 020 apart to see this piece but then again the 020 is a pain in the putiti to work on so that keeps me away from dismantling that critter.

It looks like, and I think it's the retaining bracket to hold the spark plug wire away from the muffler. At least that's what it did on the 2- 020av saws I just overhauled.
Did you need to replace this? And if so, do you know where I can find it?

after looking at a fuel tank it could be a plug wire, fuel or impulse hose holder/shield
This was like a gasket like material, I didn’t want to remove it, but it was just kind of hanging. Stupid me, figured it was a gasket that I could just replace. Boy was I wrong!

Let me look at mine again and I'll check to see how hard it would be to make one.. It's only a piece of light metal curved, with a hole in it for the screw to go through to secure the bracket. Don't think it'd be much of a job. I'll be in touch or post here

Back