stihl 024 serial number look up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONSSTIHL

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any chance someone can take a few minutes to look up a serial number for me.

Stihl 024 s/n 230530351

I would like a ballpark idea of when it was sold or made

thanks

It most likely is a canadian saw so that may be why it isn't showing up. It has a translucent gas tank if that helps to narrow it down.

I'll take another look but I'm pretty sure stickers on the handle are long gone

Thanks

It most likely is a canadian saw so that may be why it isn't showing up. It has a translucent gas tank if that helps to narrow it down.

I'll take another look but I'm pretty sure stickers on the handle are long gone

Thanks

I would think if you contact Stihl they maybe able to narrow it down a bit.

Good luck with Stihl helping. I contacted them regarding my 066M a couple of years ago and all they could tell me was yes, it was an 066M. No help on manufacture date or year.

Try Chad (chadihman)... He's massaging my 066 and determined it to be a 93. Not sure how but maybe he could help.

Duane

Good luck with Stihl helping. I contacted them regarding my 066M a couple of years ago and all they could tell me was yes, it was an 066M. No help on manufacture date or year.

Try Chad (chadihman)... He's massaging my 066 and determined it to be a 93. Not sure how but maybe he could help.

Duane
Yeah, a good massage makes me spill the beans as well.....

I just downloaded the service manual and the serial numbers mentioned it it have one less digit so maybe the number stamped in the case beside the muffler on the chain side is not the s/n

makes sense, that's why there was an x as the first digit of the s/n's in the service manual. I learn something new every day

thanks

this one seems to be an earlier generation because the oiler drive is not the more modern type driven off the clutch drum. it has the set up that is prior to s/n 42721933

so If I understand correctly my actual s/n is 30530351

Back