• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 024 Super parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerudder

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up an 024 Super Arctic (I think?)
S/N 114014117

I need a quite a few parts to get this thing going, just wondering if anyone out there has some parts for it?
From what I understand, most 024/026 parts are interchangeable.
Would probably be best to buy a parts saw if one could be had for a decent price.

I need:
Cylinder
Piston
Upper Buffer
Top Cover
Air Filter Cover
Chain Brake Handle and Components (Levers, springs and e-clips, I have the brake band)
Trigger Cover
Throttle Rod (WT 194 Carb)
Intake Boot Sleeve/Insert -
New Fuel/Impulse Lines
Air Filter
Carb Kit
Contact Spring/Kill Switch
Needle Bearing for Clutch Drum

Also, if anyone has any pointers for these saws, or any insight on how I should tackle this project, please let me know
IMG_3034.JPG IMG_3037.JPG IMG_3038.JPGIMG_3040.JPG IMG_3041.JPG IMG_3042.JPG IMG_3043.JPG
IMG_3046.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3039.JPG
    IMG_3039.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Not sure but I think your air filter looks like for an 026 model.
Upper buffer, top cover ( very good shape, but needs a good cleaning ) and chain brake parts I have. If you don
't find a parts saw or a complete parts lot I can price them to you reasonable. I might come up with some of the other parts to.

Not sure but I think your air filter looks like for an 026 model.
Upper buffer, top cover ( very good shape, but needs a good cleaning ) and chain brake parts I have. If you don
't find a parts saw or a complete parts lot I can price them to you reasonable. I might come up with some of the other parts to.
Awesome i appreciate it.

Let me know what else you find and we can go from there

Update:
Found some parts locally (and in Canadian $ :))

These are the parts left that I need!

Top Cover
Air Filter Cover
New Fuel/Impulse Lines
Air Filter
Carb Kit
Contact Spring/Kill Switch

Another person that thinks that's a 026 air filter, which is different than the 024 filter. I'm almost certain that the 024 air filter cover is different than that of an 026, as the cylinder cover for a 026 is taller than that of an 026.
I have a 024 cylinder cover, air filter cover, and a 024 air filter that I'd trade for similar 026 parts.

Yah I have been informed that it is indeed the wrong air filter cover.
I think I have another 026 top cover and maybe an air filter cover around too. I will dig them up, take some pictures and maybe we can make a trade?

Latest posts

Back