Stihl 025 air filter (Older)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrypac

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have an older Stihl 025 and recently ordered an air filter but what came was the top of the newer style filter. I can buy a whole new style filter with housing but it is thicker at the top than the original and I'm concerned that it will not fit behind the cover. has anyone replaced an older filter with anew one? PIx are of the original one piece housing and filter next to the replacement element only, and the original filter in place. Thanks, Larry

Attachments

• PXL_20220722_120836324.jpg
    PXL_20220722_120836324.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20220722_120849780.jpg
    PXL_20220722_120849780.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Went out the garage to see what would be involved in removing ribs and discovered that they are not there. maybe someone broke a cover after the change and got the newer style cover for a replacement. In any case, I should be good to go with the newer style filter. Very impressed with how quickly you came up with the answer to my question. Thanks again. LP

I have an older Stihl 025 and recently ordered an air filter but what came was the top of the newer style filter. I can buy a whole new style filter with housing but it is thicker at the top than the original and I'm concerned that it will not fit behind the cover. has anyone replaced an older filter with anew one? PIx are of the original one piece housing and filter next to the replacement element only, and the original filter in place. Thanks, Larry
Print the entire IPL. There are 6 filters, each physically different. The part numbers are right there. Its called research.

There are several eBay sellers that buy and dismantle new MS250 saws and sell the individual parts. The MS250 base and filter are a direct replacement. You will also need 2 flanged nuts to secure the base to the carburetor mounting screws. I believe they are M5 and use 5/16" or 8mm socket to install. I see eBay listing for new OEM air filter base, air filter, impulse line and air deflector for $12.95 (not affiliated with listing).

Back