stihl 025

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinesawyer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a stihl 025 and the rubber vibration dampener fitting that holds the front handle to the saw housing/body constantly comes out. Has been replced one but still pops out.

Wicked annoying. Any suggestion as to what I can do. It is a great little saw otherwise.

No screw. There is just a rubber plug on the end of the handle that pops into a hole.

I have replaced the rubber plug on the 025 and it is not as bad as it was. But I have a ms230 that is awful...with the damn thing poping out all the time.

Im confused. You have two saws and they both do the same thing. I have an 021 and 023L and never had a problem with either AV mounts. Im not sure what to say.:confused:

I had that 025 problem and traded it in on a 026, I have not regretted it for a minute. You could try a new 270 or 280 and get anti-vibe and a host of other pro features for not a lot of extra money.

I am guessing that it all started the first time when you yanked the saw out of a pinched cut.

I do not think you will find a permanent fix if you keep the 025. You will be popping the handle back into place every few cuts no matter what you do.

Back