Stihl 026 Modifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winmdl98

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am brand spanking new to the site and have already gathered a wealth of info. Thanks everyone.

I am planning on having my Stihl 026 modified by Dean @ Washington Hot Saws. I am looking for a input on what you would suggest for modifications to a working custom build-up.

Currently, I only have one saw. But, I also have a burning desire for something larger. What would you strive for next in the Stihl lineup?

Dean let me try out an 026 he built.. just about wet myself revving that sucker up.. MAN did that saw scream! judging by that 026 he built, man is a hell of a tuner. i bought my husky 2100 from him and he is working his magic on it. if you want a larger saw i would suggest a Stihl 036 Pro, or an 044. both great saws and i have had much experiance with both.
i wouldnt overlook husky either, the 372 is a great saw. my husky 288 was the first husky i ever ran, and im hooked.. my 036 pro was the first stihl i ever ran, and both brands have my full support. im not sure how i feel about the new husky 5xx series yet tho. now if you wanted a BIG saw.. i would say husky 3120 first choice for me. stihl 088 ranks second (personal opinion only)
if you want a saw to use in the woods, the biggest factor is get something with parts available.. with saws like my husky 2100.. you cant even buy a new air filter anymore.. just too old for dealers and parts suppliers to care about. they dont care if we love em or not. same will go for about any saw/brand of that age

I had a Husky Rancher 61 for a while. It would way outcut the 026 if you could ever get it started and keep it running. I can see the value in the Husky saws, but my late grandfather was a Stihl dealer forever. Thanks dedcow.

i have an 026 modded by dan. if deans as good as they say u will get a different saw back . i sure did. there so many people here that can mod and they all have there methods ,that its like buying various brands ,as to what type mods u get ,and whos mods fit u best. ive heard that ed does good things also.jokers got one he can tell u about.good luck.

Latest posts

Back