• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Stihl 026 or 026 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markerichoffman

Reaction score
Have an 026 that I loaned to a neighbor, came back with a scored cylinder and needs a full rebuild. In the meantime, looking for a replacement. My unit has a 16" bar, and I have spare chains so would prefer to stay with 16", but not a deal breaker. Though I would try here before going the eBay route, thanks all

I don't know if you are aware the 021, 023, 025's all share the same chassis and there isn't much that doesn't interchange. I think I read here somewhere the 021 had a different stroke so the cases or crank shaft may not completely interchange .Maybe a part or 2 changed over years but I think they'll interchange. The ms210 is an updated version of the 021 and I think the engines interchange and a majority of the chassis. Ms230 and ms250 are updated 023 and 025's with the same interchangeabletype as the former 3.
Personally I highly regard the 025's for their power to weight and durability at home owners saws cost. The ms series I haven't used a lot but their changes I believe we're primarily to meet epa codes and didn't do any good to improve performance.

I don't know if you are aware the 021, 023, 025's all share the same chassis and there isn't much that doesn't interchange. I think I read here somewhere the 021 had a different stroke so the cases or crank shaft may not completely interchange .Maybe a part or 2 changed over years but I think they'll interchange. The ms210 is an updated version of the 021 and I think the engines interchange and a majority of the chassis. Ms230 and ms250 are updated 023 and 025's with the same interchangeabletype as the former 3.
Personally I highly regard the 025's for their power to weight and durability at home owners saws cost. The ms series I haven't used a lot but their changes I believe we're primarily to meet epa codes and didn't do any good to improve performance.
Brushwacker-I will check out the 025. Alternate idea is to just buy something new the Echo 4910

How much you looking to spend?

I've got one that has light scores on piston but still has free rings and 150psi compression. P/C are Stihl , and a newer bar and chain. Needs a bath. I'd probably put in a meteor piston and a set of seals.

I can look it over more closely if interested. Bar is a 16 or 18" 0.325 I think. Have to look if carb has Hi and Lo?

I'd need to get what I have into it and the ride.026.jpg026 piston 3.jpg026 cyl.jpg

Back