Stihl 026 Pro value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asand1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I I drastically need to upgrade my computer and need to sell some things. I really like my saw, but I rarely use it and its one of the few things I have that are worth anything. What would be a good asking price?

Attachments

• Stihl1.jpg
    Stihl1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
There's still a strong market for those saws. With a new bar like that one has and if the saw is in excellent operating condition I think $300 could be a possibility. The 026 sells between $150 and $350 depending on condition.

By some miracle I was able to buy a pair of 026 PROs for less than $200 apiece last year and the year before. Both needed very little restoration work. However, lately I have not seen any sell for less than $250 unless they were beaten up or needed a whole new top end. As Stihl raises the prices of new ones, the prices of used models drifts upwards also.

Three hundred is the middle ground for good running 026`s in good physical condition

In the US, the MS260 mostly were severely demoted regarding power, so a nice 026 may be worth more than a 260 - but it all depends on condition.

Regardless, the design is outdated by several decades - but Stihl hasn't been able to properly replace it. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back