Stihl 026 Used Prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Works4me

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
There is a farm auction this weekend that has a used 026 for sale.

If the saw looks to be in good condition, what would the members here consider a fair price for the saw??

Thanks

:cheers:

Depending on condition, I could see paying up to $300 for a minty new one, and as low as $50 for a parts saw with a good case and crank.

I was thinking around $200 if it was in good condition. That might not be enough to buy it

:monkey:

Last edited:
People like to bid prices up at auctions, just as they do on eBay. I agree that $200 is a fair price, and would be hard-pressed to justify spending much more than that for a used $450 saw of unknown history.

$200 sounds right to me.

ther is one around here on craigslist for $400.i think the guy is nuts since i can get a dolmar 5100 for that new.

If it is recently fully serviced it is worth much more then one that has just been run hard and put away. Say the chain bar and sprocket look 75% like new+ ,it starts and runs good, I would check the air filter and see if its clean and in good shape,say it is, say the general cosmetic condition is good which means no cracks or breaks and few scratches and plasic appears to have good color . I would go $250 to $300 if I needed that saw, as a matter of fact I sold my best o26 pro for $275 about 6 months ago to a professional excavator. This saw was ready to go to work. If the saw looks like it needs some service you can easily end up putting a hundred dollars much more or less into it depending. Bar,chain and sprocket ;$50 to $75,AV mounts are close to $10 each and there is 4 of them to give you an idea how repairs add up and don't forget labor cost.
I hit a fair amount of auctions myself and I like to either go the day before or just plenty early so I can start and look engines over thoroughly. Also the day before you can often talk to some body that knows the items history.

Latest posts

Back