Stihl 028 AVS stalls when warm after nieghbour borrowed it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgfarm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I loaned my saw to my neighbour to cut up a limb that fell on his driveway. I just could get over to do it for him that day. Anyway the saw ran okay but the idle was high, the chain did not stop moving but full tilt ran okay and I could cut for hours no problem.

Anyway he tuned it for me and now it idles nice but after a few minutes of cutting it stalls, is it just a carb adjustment or am I digging in for a rebuild?

Anybody on the east side of Ottawa interested in a carb tuning tutorial for a growler of the local brewery ale?

thanks

Mike

So I loaned my saw to my neighbour to cut up a limb that fell on his driveway. I just could get over to do it for him that day. Anyway the saw ran okay but the idle was high, the chain did not stop moving but full tilt ran okay and I could cut for hours no problem.

Anyway he tuned it for me and now it idles nice but after a few minutes of cutting it stalls, is it just a carb adjustment or am I digging in for a rebuild?

Anybody on the east side of Ottawa interested in a carb tuning tutorial for a growler of the local brewery ale?

thanks

Mike

Maybe this post helps? http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/241715.htm

Also, if he gassed it up with his own fuel at some point you may want to dump that out and put your own, known good, fuel in it.

Latest posts

Back