Stihl 028 Muffler and Chainbrake Assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Churine

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am in search of some parts for my Stihl 028 WB. The stamp on the carb reads 80 so I believe the saw was made around that time. I dont have the IPL up in front of me so I will list the part names and get numbers if anyone needs them. The parts I am looking for are:
-3 Piece Muffler (needs screw hole to mount in the case from the side)
-Entire chain brake assembly. This saw did not come with the chain brake so I am adding it on. Saw requires the early style that does not wrap over itself.

Again I will post up part numbers when I can get the IPL in front of me. Thanks for the help.

Muffler Parts Needed:
11181450702 Inlet Casing
11181400801 Exhaust Casing
11181419005 Screen
90990210810 Self Tapping Screw
11181450901 Protecting Casing

Brake Parts Needed:
11181605400 Brake Band
11181625220 Bolt
11181605001 Lever
11181607900 Coil Spring
00009981600 Spring
11181625002 Lever
11181625001 Lever
11171628902 Washer
11187929101 Handguard

I believe this is the entire list of what I need. Anyone have anything else?

I have already purchased many of the new parts that I will need to complete the rebuild and am watching more on Ebay but am having a hard time finding the parts above in good condition.
Tecomec 46mm jug, piston and rings
All gaskets
Bearings
Seals
Fuel line and filter
Impulse line
Tank vent hose

They also make a complete kit for the brake it is - 1118 007 1002 Set chain brake assembly

You cannot, unless it is a version that was made when they came out with the chain brake, and was made that way.
That is why I seldom sell any real old used Stihl parts, too many variations.......

I have an old 028 carcass with all of the chain brake parts on it, put it up for auction a couple of times, never got a bid.

But I also refuse to "give" it away here. The "friends" here have real shallow memories, and will crowd in line for free goodies. So it sits on my shelf.
I believe @Churine is deployed overseas @HarleyT . The parts saw I have doesn't have the brake option. I have a dealer carcass trailer but if I can help him get his saw going and you off some clutter PM me your Paypal info and a total and him for an address to send it to.

I have found one one EBAY. I just dont want to spend $60 for just a muffler. Now if someone had a donor with the chainbrake and muffler assembly for the early 028 they are willing to sell that’s a different story. I don’t want people to get the wrong impression of me. I’m not a Marine looking for a discount or a handout. I tell people I’m a Marine and deployed so they understand if I don’t answer them right away because of time difference. I have had all the parts that I have ordered or found sent to my parents so they can mail it to me through the military mail system. Thank you all again for the help.

I had dealt with an A.S. member once, that wanted the parts for free. It turned out that he lived in England, he then kept trying to get me to even pay for the shipping, that is when I gave up on the members here.

I’m sorry you got screwed. That’s definitely not me. I am still waiting on the shipping company to deliver the stuff I had shipped over here. Once it gets here I will send a pic right away. Thank you all again for the help.

Look around for the proper parts carcass if Harley doesn't help you out. They are plentiful and sometimes free.

Since most all my saws are oldies, I have a donor "carcass" for organ transplants for most of them. Comes in handy even if you just need a fastener....

Latest posts

Back