Stihl 028 WB IPL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonBerens

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need an IPL to locate the coil part number for an older 028 with points

Thanks
Jon

The IPl won't help you - the original coil 1118 400 1305 is not available, and the part number is not written on the old coils.

If you are looking for another coil, the replacement is the 0000 400 1300, which is the most common coil found on stihl chainsaws - used on many models like 026, 029,34,36, 39 44, etc... Just snip of the points wires and mount the new coil. Gap it to the flywheel with a business card (.008). You can get the coils used for $20 to $35. New cost is over a $100.

Thanks for the info

Now there is no more good reason for the saw to stay on the bench!

Wonder why my dealer did not suggest that? Said the coil was no longer available and gave the saw back in pieces.

Thanks Andy!

JonBerens said:
Now there is no more good reason for the saw to stay on the bench!

Wonder why my dealer did not suggest that? Said the coil was no longer available and gave the saw back in pieces.

Thanks Andy!
He gave it to you back in peices, hmmmmmmmm, not good. I never do that for fear a tap or small part may fall out of the box and then its on me so I never hand a saw back in parts. If it comes in in one piece it goes back out the sameway.......................

Latest posts

Back