Stihl 029 carb settings after muffler mod?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunt4lumber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Okay so I replace the original o29 with an nwp 49 millimeter and remove the spark arrestor and did a muffler modification by opening up the exhaust port with additional holes and I'm having a hard time getting started what is the Baseline for the carburetor settings screws?

Baseline is L 1 turn CCW from seated and H 1 turn CCW from seated. Limiters removed. My MM's MS 290 is low 1 and high 1 1/4 Better a little too fat than a smidgen too lean.

Thanks, I'll let ya know if that's all it was...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Got it started, but needs tuned to Muffler mod and I've got a lot of oil coming from around bar area just around where pump is?

Where to start on tuning?
I've watched utube videos, but alot of conflicting info on tuning?

Thanks to all for help, got tuned as good as I can tell by ear( no tac)
Now I just need to figure out why they're so much oil coming from around sprocket side where oil pump is( and I have the oiler turned all the way down) it almost seems like maybe I missed a washer or something putting it back together I'm not sure if the worm gear part that drives the sprocket for the pump is warn and just leaking around the main shaft or what

Back