• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 029 Gas Tank Assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HusqyStihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Have a customer who has told me he's got an 029 for me that needs a new gas tank. I asked him if he wanted me to find one new, used? Does he want to buy one and drop off the saw and i do the work?

No response yet but i figured i'd give it a go here and ask here if the MS290 tanks will work or i need a different model, i know they differ with caps and all. Are there any used 029 housings up for grabs? and if not, where's a good place to look for new & used? He may want strictly Stihl or he may be ok with A/M, not sure yet but here i am askin the pro's again...

Thoughts??

I've got a lead on an 029 Tank/Housing, i will post again if needed.

Thanks for looking, very much appreciated!

~Moose

Yup, complete housing swap. Ive got a couple leads waiting for the green light and payment but just today i get the "its not on my priority list" email when this customer contacted me asking when the soonest he could drop it off. So i immediately began to look for the housing for him and get that rude response. Might not be on the top of my priority list when/if i get it and i get halfway through it and have better things to do lol

Supposed to be new OEM, I haven't received it yet, any day put the postal service here is real hit or miss... the last big order I did from Woodland they "returned to sender" instead of delivering it, the story I got fromnthe postal was pretty muchs.... "uhhh I dunno."

Latest posts

Back