Stihl 030 Handle assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rooftopcrew

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know how to get the trigger/safty assembly to fit under the black plastic handle cover on a Stihl 030. I should have payed more attention when I disassembled it. Thanks.

Shawn

030 handle assembly

The problem is that the trigger does not lay flat enough for the handle cover to clear it once the assembly is together. It could be I'm not pushing hard enough or one of the pivot pins is suppose to be put in after the handle cover has cleared the trigger. ATTACH=CONFIG]221812[/ATTACH]View attachment 221821

I can't describe how it goes back together, but it is pretty simple once you get the spring and the lock and the trigger all in place. You almost need three hands to hold it all together while putting the handle cover back over it. I struggled with the first time I had one fly apart, but once you figure it out it's a peice of cake

The problem is that the trigger does not lay flat enough for the handle cover to clear it once the assembly is together. It could be I'm not pushing hard enough or one of the pivot pins is suppose to be put in after the handle cover has cleared the trigger. ATTACH=CONFIG]221812[/ATTACH]View attachment 221821

why did you remove it in the first place, looking at the pics, i didn't see any problems:confused2:, also wanted to add, that these grips tend to shrink, i now have three of these saws, the one i just picked up, the throttle lever was sticking due to grip shrinkage, was able to trim the area causing the problem and now works as it should. i still love these saws, youres looks great, mine all look like new, i'm surprised by how many of this model still look this good when found!

Last edited:
030 handle assembly

I down loaded the wrong pictures. The 030 that is in one piece is my daily driver. I love that saw, the old school sound at idle. The other is one I'm putting together that needed a new trigger.

I down loaded the wrong pictures. The 030 that is in one piece is my daily driver. I love that saw, the old school sound at idle. The other is one I'm putting together that needed a new trigger.

when i install these grips, i soak the grip in hot water for a while until they are very soft, a little silicone spray on the handle and they go right on, give it a try;)

Back