Stihl 032 AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harjon48

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a weird one on my Stihl 032 AV. It doesn’t have points. I was using it a week or two ago and cut down and cut up three small trees. Just I was almost finished, it stopped idling for me. I’ve checked a bunch of things, cleaned the carburetor, swapped fuel filter, cleaned the air filter, checked all the lines as best as I could, swapped the fuel (got bad ethanol free in my mower about a month ago so I was concerned that may be it). It won’t idle but for maybe a second or two. When it starts I go to full throttle and it runs like it is a touch higher than idle. I just can seem to pin point the problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Dealer can’t get parts for it anymore so they don’t show much interest in working on it but, they have given me some things to check that I have.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi All,

I have a weird one on my Stihl 032 AV. It doesn’t have points. I was using it a week or two ago and cut down and cut up three small trees. Just I was almost finished, it stopped idling for me. I’ve checked a bunch of things, cleaned the carburetor, swapped fuel filter, cleaned the air filter, checked all the lines as best as I could, swapped the fuel (got bad ethanol free in my mower about a month ago so I was concerned that may be it). It won’t idle but for maybe a second or two. When it starts I go to full throttle and it runs like it is a touch higher than idle. I just can seem to pin point the problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Dealer can’t get parts for it anymore so they don’t show much interest in working on it but, they have given me some things to check that I have.

Thanks,
Jon
It really sounds like a fuel issue. You can get those impulse lines off eBay that will work OK. Fuel line as well.

If it turns out to be the trigger an S1G-01 that goes on a Club Car motor will work fine and fit in there. The tab will just bend when you tighten it down.

It really sounds like a fuel issue. You can get those impulse lines off eBay that will work OK. Fuel line as well.

If it turns out to be the trigger an S1G-01 that goes on a Club Car motor will work fine and fit in there. The tab will just bend when you tighten it down.
Sorry it took so long. Is there any good way to check them without fully dismantling?

Sorry it took so long. Is there any good way to check them without fully dismantling?
If you are going to check them you might as well replace them. The carb will need to come off. There is a little clip that holds the linkage on. Try not to lose it. If you have forceps you can replace that impulse without dismantling anything. There are two fuel lines. The one in the tank is probably OK. The one going from the carb to the tank is just a plain piece of Stihl fuel line that you can buy at the Stihl dealer. Also, if the carb has never been rebuilt you can bet it needs it.
This is really general maintenance

Back