Stihl 034 AV. Wrong air filter or wrong filter cover?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pics. We'll see if they upload since the smallest setting on the phone is still huge
The A/F cover is wrong. The correct one should have a round knob not the rectangular one. The "Pro" cover likely came off an 036 Pro model which I believe was introduced about 1996 or so.

It also looks to have the Tillotson carburetor on it which puts the age of the saw in the 80s to possibly early 90s. The interesting thing is that it has the low profile tank vent on the tank which I thought was implemented later along with the compensating carb and wider air filter. The tank may have also been replaced at some point or you have a "Frankensaw" assembled from parts of various vintages.

Thank you everyone for all your help. I have the af cover on order.
I appreciate all the links to parts lists. Many of the part numbers on this machine don't match anything but it definitely helped me narrow the results to what was wrong so I wasn't at the mercy of ebay and others where their descriptions say everything fits and is correct.
Brings me back a decade ago when I was the go-to guy if some wanted to know what fit what on the old Honda 3-wheelers.

Back