• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 034 Cylinder (46mm)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rydell58

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Working on a top end rebuild of an 034, I ordered a new OEM piston and gasket and top end bearings thinking I could save the cylinder, but after about 6 coating or muriatic acid I still cant get a couple spots of transfer off. Enough to be able to just slightly feel with my finger. So I think im going to have to trash the cylinder and am looking for an OEM cylinder.

If you have any tipe about how to save that cylinder let me know, there is some miscoloration (black streaks) nothing I was to concerned about but got most of the miscoloring removed, and then just two big spots I cant get off just below the exhaust port. Everything above the ports is extremely smooth to the touch.

thanks

Might be carbon? Is exhaust port caked up with carbon? Try some fine wet/dry sandpaper and dish detergent/water. Acid won't take off carbon.

I have a OEM 46mm 034 cylinder. I purchased two sold as 036 cylinders but they were 46mm 034. I think they are NOS.

If interested let me know and I can dig them out and take a picture. Might take me a day or two.

Back