Stihl 034 - cylinder/barrel retaining screws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMSmith

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this great site, so apologies if the answer to my question is already out there - not managed to find it yet!

I inherited a Stihl 034AV - run without oil in fuel so cylinder/piston replacement required. Worth trying as it's hardly used & was working fine up to seizing up!

The 4 screws that retain the cylinder on the crankcase are accessible via holes in the cooling fins. I've tried a long hex head driver, but none fit. It's difficult to see what type and size of head the screws have until I get one out - is it TORX or Star or something else? Any advice and info re sourcing a suitable tool in the UK would be gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation.

There is some really good info on this site about replacing cylinders and pistons, salvaging a scored cylinder to save you $. Do a search and you will probably come up enough info to complete that job yourself. Buy a good T27 ....it will be used on almost every screw on that saw. Good luck !

Yep...Time to go to Baileysonline and order your tools you'll need....you've been bitten and will be hopeless like the rest of us!!!!:msp_smile:

Yep...Time to go to Baileysonline and order your tools you'll need....you've been bitten and will be hopeless like the rest of us!!!!:msp_smile:

Hi my name is "David" i came here with one saw feb 2013. Now i cant stop the hoarding and my wife says its starting to effect our marriage....what can i do ? Hehe

Hi my name is "David" i came here with one saw feb 2013. Now i cant stop the hoarding and my wife says its starting to effect our marriage....what can i do ? Hehe

Saws or wife.....saws or wife....One of lifes difficult decisions:msp_wub:

Back