• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn stihl 034 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipping will be at least $40 now days
I agree to many locations that would be true. The OP is in Arkansas so I checked using an address in Magnolia AK which is in the far south near the LA/TX border. It looks like if I was to ship the same saw it would be $17.60-$18.17 UPS. The shipping is completely crazy one time it will be cheap the next nuts. I was working on sending two saws boxed together to Canada and the cost was going to be the same as it was to sent two similar ones to Germany

I agree to many locations that would be true. The OP is in Arkansas so I checked using an address in Magnolia AK which is in the far south near the LA/TX border. It looks like if I was to ship the same saw it would be $17.60-$18.17 UPS. The shipping is completely crazy one time it will be cheap the next nuts. I was working on sending two saws boxed together to Canada and the cost was going to be the same as it was to sent two similar ones to Germany
Wow, never been able to ship a saw that cheap in 20 yrs, lol

I could ship a 034 to Nampa ID for $25.98 if I am creative. A 18x18x16 box weighing 35lbs to Nampa ID is $36.35 UPS
That’s just the freight, right? Most folks add $ for a box, packing material and labor. I’ve never done that as I always have plenty of material to use.
last single saw I sent out was in that same $26 range. I got a pair of 261s the other day and his shipping was $67 from Indiana

I generally just round it up a dollar or two for a box if I have to buy one. Sometimes I do not even worry about that. What does get expensive is spray foam. It is up to $4.50 a can here and some boxes take 2 cans. Those are generally higher end transactions going long distance and I just eat the cost. As for labor, never charge. I will assure you there is a ton of labor involved in prepping saws to go overseas.

Funny story about labor and selling saws. Many years ago I sold a saw on Ebay to a guy in Minnesota. He called me on a Saturday night and asked if I would deliver it to the airport about 30 miles away. I was puzzled as he said he would fly there and meet me. We are talking about a $300, 20lb saw. He said he worked for a airline and got free flights so he did not want to pay the shipping. Well I had to deliver a combine Sunday morning we had sold so I told him I would check when I got done. I looked and the DHL shipping was around $12. I called and told him no. I was not going to waste time and fuel to save hum $12. The real ironic thing is I shipped it from the airport as that was the DHL terminal and I got great rates. It was on my way home so I could stop there after work. The issue was spending a Sunday driving there and trying to find the guy

Latest posts

Back