Stihl 036 air filter and carb cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k nystrom

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So a little 036 (or so I think its an 036) found its way to me, and when I got it I started gathering parts for it. I threw out the old air filter as it was a big mess, but when I went to put a new one on, the cover doesn't fit.
The existing cover is a 1125 141 1001 (which does not appear in the 036 IPL) altho it looks very similar to the 1125 140 1904 (which is listed in the IPL)
Now in the IPL, the 1125 140 1904 has a right arrow with X32 622 639 (30.95) above the part name, and a square with 6, 14-18 below the part name. I know the square with numbers means it fits the saws listed (in this case 036BR) but I have no idea what the 14-18 means.

I just need to figure out what air filter and cover I need for this thing (and of course I can't read the serial number... worn off). The engine shroud has one screw on the flywheel side and a flat cap where a decomp would be.

Thanks so much for all who contribute to this forum... I've been reading and getting advise silently for a long time and learning to rebuild my own saws. Definitely an invaluable resource!

Back