• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 036 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrsdws

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Selling my Stihl 036 Pro chainsaw PHO. This saw has a new meteor piston assembly, OEM crank seals, carb kit and sprocket. She is a very strong runner and idles and oils as it should. Besides a crack in the air filter cover, the saw is in very good shape and is pretty clean. $350 plus shipping. This is a firewood MACHINE that I'm only parting with to help finance a new saw.

P4170002.JPG P4170003.JPG P4170004.JPG P4170005.JPG P4170005a.JPG P4170006.JPG

one thing i notice with nearly all 036's to include my own minty, is the dang pesky surface rust that forms on the front muff cover. o_O I have several similar models and none seem to oxidize quite like the 036 does.. Hmmph.. Good luck with the sale, she's a nice one

I have 3 mufflers. 2 came from 036s and 1 from a MS360. I would have sworn that all 3 covers were stainless steel. There is not a hint of rust on any of them although the muffler bodies themselves were rusty. I will put a magnet on them tomorrow.
Btw . . . Soaking in white vinegar for a day or two usually gets every speck of rust off. Rinse. Dry. Grill paint
Nice saw

Dexter, the mufflers look great. I'll copy your choice of paint and attempt to bring mine up to snuff. For now i just have the cover wire wheeled and it looks pretty weak compared to the rest of the saw.

I hope all the nice 036's being posted here works in the OP's advantage. Its gotta be making some "would be" buyers hungry for one :chainsaw:

Cut a load of firewood with this saw yesterday and that's making me second guess even selling it, but I'm counting on the 362CM to blow it away. Easter price drop to $325 plus shipping.

Then you're going to be disappointed.

My 362C is a much better saw than the 036.

The OE 362 I was never impressed with. But the Mtronic model is quickly becoming a favorite. I love my 036, and once it gets back home from Tennessee, it may regain the favorite position. But as of right now? The 362C takes the cake. I put 4 more tanks through it on Friday, and it's getting strong.. :)

Last price drop to $300 plus shipping. After this she either goes to Fleabay or down to be ported. I will listen to trade offers, but really would rather sell this saw.

Back