stihl 038 Brake Handle Pin-Dowel Broken

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourhiandfly

Reaction score
I am new to this site and hoping someone can help me. I was just given an old 038 but All brake components have been taken out and the DOWEL that the brake handle pivots on is broken. I just pressed dowel out but cannot find the part number. Any help would be appreciated.:(

It is located on the case where brake spring goes and the right side of guard pivots on it. Thanks

Last edited:
If it is the same as a MS290, I've got one and will gladly send it to you free of charge. It is used, but appears to be in good shape. Could be the same part. I can't imagine Stihl making that much differences in little parts like that. Maybe I'm wrong. Let's see if someone knows for sure and I'll be glad to stick that little pin in the mail to you. Hopefully the USPS lets stuff like that go through ok.

the screw/dowel thing in the blowup is 0000 790 6102, if I am looking at it right. I am not real familiar with the setup.

Is one of these close to what you need? Let me know if I understood correctly. I've got no use for them really, so I can send them if you think it will work.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back