Stihl 041 Farmboss- Bar oil in cylinder?!?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've finally gotten around to trying to fix the bar oil problem in my 051. I have the IPL and service manual and the latter shows two styles of oil pump (old style and new style). The IPL only shows a picture of the new style and the part numbers associated with it. I have the old style. Does anyone happen to have the part number of the "rubber ring" for the old style pump? Could it be the same number as what TreyH posted?

The "rubber ring" for the new style pump has this number:
1111 647 9001

Thanks for any help!

1111 647 9000

It worked!

Hi guys. It worked, no more bar oil in the cylinder. No more smoking out the neighbors when I start the saw! Pretty easy fix all things considered. Thanks everyone!

pictures?

I realize this thread is old but it helped fix my old 041 Farmboss. 2 seals, ~$10.00 and about 30 minutes is all it took. Simply remove the circlip and thread a screw into the threaded hole in the pump and use that to pull the pump out. Mine came out easily. Once the pump is out, the smaller shaft slides out of the housing and the smaller O ring can be replaced. The outer seal has 2 holes in it that slip over a roll pin at the front of the housing. Thought if someone else ran across this post some part numbers might be handy.

Make: Stihl
Model: 041 Farmboss (Not the AV)
Year: ? late 70's

ITEM: 9646 945 0340
DESC: O RING

ITEM: 1110 647 9000
DESC: RUBBER RING

ITEM: 1110 120 1601
DESC: AIR FILTER

Now, thanks to all the helpful info on this site, I'm probably stuck using this heavy monster for another 25 years. <grin>

For an old 041 without AV...should be the same issue from what this thread tells me?

041 Farmboss Oiler Repair - Easy

I replaced the rubber sleeve in the oiler of my 041 Farmboss by removing the circlip on the front of the saw and pulling the pump guts, replacing the $10 part and reassembling. Easy job. Get a exploded view diagram/parts list from Stihl by calling or E-mailing them and asking. They didn't charge me for it. Gene Gauss

Latest posts

Back