• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 041 Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam R

8mm Socket
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Awhile ago I tore down an 041 that had a bad CC gasket, among some other issues. I didn't have tools (a splitter, mainly) to complete the rebuild. It "ran" at time of disassembly, of course with the secondary air leaks it didn't run well.
Some of it has been sold, I still have parts - if anyone has need or use of them I would be happy to part with them for a small amount.

What I have left:

• Cylinder, piston, crankshaft (threads on f/w side are mangled) and crankcase (all disassembled and I have the roller cage for the connecting rod; bearings in CC are shot and one a/v buffer mount is broken) Also, the crankcase, and underside of piston skirts/connecting rod are varnished. This is due to one of the leaks in the CC being on the oil tank side and it sucking up some bar oil. It was not seized when disassembled; rings free, piston/cylinder are not scored; just varnished.
  • Top handle/rear handle assembly, rear shroud, bar cover, muffler & muffler cover clutch (no drum/sprocket),
  • Air filter cover (w/ 041 Electronic; NOT SUPER/FB plate).
  • All 4 a/v buffers (most of these are in fair to good shape).
  • The plastic insulating plate that sits on top of the intake flange, underneath the carburetor.
I also have the coil (electronic) but the guy who bought it on ebay returned it said it didn't work. I know it worked when it came off... If someone wants it; free, just pay shipping.

If you would like pics feel free to PM me I can send them; the parts are all in good shape with the above exceptions - it's a 40 year old saw so the paint is a little chipped and all. I really want what's left of it to go to someone can get some use of it. If you want the lot I'll take $40 for it, shipped. If you want individuals, PM me what you would like and we'll talk about it.

Thanks for reading!

I just picked up a 041 super but the front handle up where the AV mount bolts through is broken. Do you know if your set up will work also in need of carb and up parts if you still have them. Pm me if you still have them

@Whitty21

Alright, sorry folks I think I buggered something up. I had been messaging Whitty about the parts but it looks like Jeremiah actually replied first - and so that really means he's got priority. Then Whitty and then sven556 here just replied yesterday. I'd like to get rid of it but I want to be fair about it.

@Jeremiah chambless - do you want the whole lot or would you be willing to discuss parting it out with the other potential buyers? It's up to you, you replied first so you get priority. If you guys decide you want to part it out let me know how you want to break it up - if Jeremiah wants it all it goes to him by rights.

Look over the original post, that's all the stuff I still have. If you want to split it up, maybe one of you needs one part more than the other. I'll let you guys all decide.

Sorry for the confusion, I seem to get intermittent notifications on my phone - or we also can't rule out the possibility that I may just be an idiot. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back