STIHL 041AV ELECTRONIC QUICKSTOP CLUTCH/DRUM?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
I recently acquired a stihl 041aveq in decent cosmetic condition. I have replaced the inlet gaskets , fuel & pulse line with nitrile hoses/ fitted carb kit whilst I was on. the engine starts and runs beautifully but I have a problem with the clutch. the clutch had lined shoes, and two of the linings were missing all together. I thus removed the other remaining lining, thinking this would do the job? but it didn't I have since bought an all metal clutch (no linings) and its the same size as the clutch missing its linings, meaning the new all steel clutch shoes are just the lined ones without the linings, exactly the same! im wandering if there's two different sized clutch drums? one for the old lined shoes and one slightly smaller inside diameter for the new all steel shoes. photos bellow, I just the old original clutch with linings removed as these were the same size as the all metal ones which would have had the same problem (too much gap between shoe & drum faces. any suggestionsstihl 041aveq clutch 006.JPG stihl 041aveq clutch 007.JPG ?

Attachments

• stihl 041aveq clutch 008.JPG
    stihl 041aveq clutch 008.JPG
    426.7 KB · Views: 4
  • stihl 041aveq clutch 008.JPG
    stihl 041aveq clutch 008.JPG
    426.7 KB · Views: 5
I finally got it solved, they was a problem with that mechanism on the front of the old clutch. I simply just put the newer clutch on which didn't have this front centrifugal plate mechanism? and it works a treat. so clutch drums are all the same size and the newer clutch shoes are just the old lined clutch shoes with the linings removed.

Latest posts

Back